Many times, My servants don't know the path they take. They don't know where it leads, why they are on it, how they got there, or when it will lead them into light. This often happens in times of intense suffering, personal difficulties of various kinds, or prolonged hard times.
Sometimes you'll think I don't love you. Nothing could be further from the truth. I will always love you. I will never leave you. I will always guide you, even if it seems I am not even there.
I do have some instructions that will help you with all of this:
1. When you are "in the dark," lean on Me. I know it sometimes seems as if I'm not even there, as if you "cry and shout," and I don't answer. That's not true. I am right beside you, in your life forever. When you are confused and in trouble, trust Me. I am with you (Isaiah 50:10, Psalm 23:4).
2. The darkness is the same as the daytime to Me. Many of you think I am in the dark when you are, but that's not true. I am never in the dark, and I don't lose track of you when you are. I always know where you are, what's happening to you, and I am there with you, holding you (Psalm 139:12, 10).
3. You WILL sometimes be "in darkness," with confusing times in front of you and behind you. It may seem they will never end, but they will, and you will come out into My light, and you will look back and know that I have been with you the whole way, holding you, loving you as My child.
4. During these times, you should always pray. Always, about everything. If you get mad at Me and stop praying, you will lose your strength very fast. Remember that prayer is not about special words. It's just about talking to Me as you would anybody--and I know what you think, anyway, so you may as well tell Me (don't be rude, but tell Me), and let Me hold your hand and encourage you, even if the "dark time" is very long.
5. During these times, you should read the things My servants have said, because I told them what to write: "The things which were written before were written for our learning, that we might have hope through patience and the comfort of the Scriptures." Many times, your only strength will come from listening to what I have said before. My words, that I spoke through My servants, will give you understanding, will strengthen you, will assure you of My love, will enhance My presence, and will keep you sane. Focus your reading on the New Testament (the part that starts with Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John), and the Psalms (in the middle of most Bibles, or at the end, if you have a New Testament with Psalms). If you don't have a Bible, get one. It is a lifeline into My presence and the doorway into understanding My love for you.
And don't forget, I love you. Always.
Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.
A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.