Jesus said this twice in the Gospel of John:
Where I am, there [my servant, you] shall be...John 12:26, and John 14:3. The simple fact is that God desires us to be with Him more than we desire it, simply because His heart is greater than ours. God literally has no greater desire than that you be with Him forever. Here's how I know that:
1. He planned history to bring His Son into the world for you. "When the fulness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the Law..."
2. He thought of YOU from eternity past: "Chosen in Him from before the foundation of the World..."
3. Every part of the Divine plan has you in mind..."Let him who is thirsty [for eternal life] come. And whoever will, let him take the water of life freely..."
4. Jesus Himself is preparing YOUR place: "I go to prepare a place for you..."
5. You are always on His mind: "How precious are your thoughts toward me, O God!...If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand."
6. He WANTS to give you all that He has to offer: "He who spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not, with Him, freely give us all things?"
Most of us think that finding God is a great chore. It's not. Just ask for Him, for "In Him we live and move and have our being." It's not that He's far away. It's that He's so close we don't recognize Him. Pray to Him just like you would a friend sitting by you on the couch, or in the park. Ask Him to help you recognize Him, and know Him. He will not deny you...He said, "Him who comes to me I will by no means cast out."
Today would be a good day to do that, and NOW would be a good time.
Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.
A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.